Wednesday 2 December 2009

Little diamonds


Way to End - Desecrated Internal Journey 
They are french and prior to hearing this record I was not aware of their existence. For a debut album coming without any demos or EPs preceding it, it is quite spectacular. Not great but surely good enough, as to promise that their second one will achieve greatness.
 Desecrated Internal Journey is a quality piece of music, dark, dissonant and disharmonic that left me mesmerized after I first listened to it. The  title is more than descriptive of the audial experience that is the listening of this album. I expect great things by this band, when the (many) ideas settle down and gel together.
An excellent work of misery. 



Sanctus Nex - Aurelia 
I have commented on this record before and my opinion is even more positive now, after extensive listening of the cd. I have not much more to add, other than that Aurelia is singlehandedly the best Occult black metal work I have heard, since Mortuus' De contemplanda Morte; De Reverencie laboribus ac Adorationis. 
Amen...




Other hard drugs:
Sammath-Triumph in Hatred
Inquisition - Into The Infernal Regions Of The Ancient Cult
Lycia - The Burning Circle And Then Dust
Gorath - Misotheism
Cosmic Church - Arcana Dei III - Totuuden Portit
Pentagram - Day of Reckoning

and a film...
Alejandre Jodorowski's  The Holy Mountain (La montaña sagrada)

AMSG