Wednesday 3 June 2009

Total fucking revelation


I never really paid any attention to 1349. They always seemed to me like a fairly average band, one of the tones coming out of Norway, playing the same tired (and tiring) things, recycling the same members that have been doing this thing in100 other bands before (or at the same time).
What was always a mystery for me is the friendship and support that Tom Gabriel offered to the guys. I was never an admirer of persons into the metal scene. Nevertheless Tom Gabriel was always a figure so special and different that couldn't be but the exception to the norm.
What the fuck this guy was seeing into 1349 I never knew.

Until now....
Now I see. To deny the magnificence of the new 1349 cd would be mere stupidity. Or just incapability to truly comprehend the dark and gloomy nature that black metal shall have.
But who cares about what the fools have to say?
Gabriels influence is present in all it's dark glory, even if he didn't have any direct involvement to the creation of the music. To be around such a figurehead is a blessing by itself.
This is arguably one the biggest surprises I had in all those years I am involved with music.
My highest recommentations.

AMSG