Friday 14 August 2009

Mgla, mgla and fog all around.

The time is passing lazy, unfortunately bringing no creative force with it.
Past disappointments connect to the future. Need to cut the rope soon. It's already late. But never too late.

Under the spell of:

Aarni - Tohcoth The more I listen to Aarni's records the more I'm attracted to their surrealistic doom. All their releases are excellent. I need more.




Kathaarsys - Verses in vain The real Katharsis is of course the german troups that occupy black metal's elite for more than a decade now. The spanish band is very good though. Progressive, technical yet no way clinical and plastic.
There is soul in the complexity here.


Klabautamann - Merkur More or less what goes for Kathaarsys applies here too. I don't usually like this kind of "black metal inspired" music but this band is hard to be ignored. Very good company for the moments I slip out of my black coat.



Mgla - Groza Going back to my real self there's no better place to return than Mgla's first full length. This is the best full length black metal album of '08 and is a great mistake me not referring to it so far. Last days it is back to it's place, that is in constant rotation.