Wednesday 23 September 2009

ΕΠΑΡΙΣΤΕΡΑ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΕΣ


 I am seriously fucked up by the waiting of Triptykon's first album. Tom Warrior is an emblematic figure for me that don't usually think highly for any individual. Celtic Frost's Monotheist is the best record of the last decade and I'm expecting something magnificent here.

Regarding the previous post about the new releases, I have to admit that Ruins of Beverast's LP has blown me away. Fucking heavy, dark and crawling music with excellent vocals. Extremely recommended.
As for Secrets of the Moon...Privilegium didn't meet the high expectations I had. That is not to say that it's a bad record...no way. It is a step further towards the direction the band has taken with Antithesis. I think people call it modern black metal or post black metal or anything. All the same, the record has to be judged for what it is and not for what anyone wished it to be.
A good record but not a great one.

Favourites:
The Ruins Of Beverast - Foulest Semen of a Sheltered Elite
Hammers Of Misfortune - Fields/Church Of Broken Glass
Sylvester Anfang II - Sylvester Anfang II
Pantheon-Paganuclear
The Doomsday Cult - Samarithans Of Misery
Secrets of the moon - Privilegivm
Hiems-Worship or Die

Book:
World Without End by Kenn Follet