Tuesday 3 November 2009

Ashes of Angels


Aosoth have their second LP titled Ashes of Angels out. I have just heard it once so I can't really say much about the real value of the record. My first impression though is that this is an improved work compared to their debut, but whether that's the case or not, I'll have to wait until further "investigation".
Lyrically the band revolves around the teachings of the Order of the Nine Angels, a system of western traditional satanism, from which the band has adopted it's name too. Basically the ONA satanism is an excellent system of Chaos magic, the first such system I've ever studied. I have to say that I really enjoy seeing a black metal band inspired by the ONA as it is a change either from the theistic satanism of the orthodox bands or the mumblings of irrelevant and ignorant fools that flood the underground. The only other band that I remember using the teachings of ONA as a basis for their lyrics and is worth mentioning, are the great Altar of Perversion of Italy (long time no see).

The rain becomes fire, when listening to:
Aosoth - Ashes of Angels
Sanctus Nex - Aurelia
Waning - Population Control
The Gault - Even As All Before Us
Slough Feg - Atavism
Ludicra - S/T EP
Tenhornedbeast - Woe to You, O Earth and Sea
Sempiternal Deathreign - The Spooky Gloom