Wednesday 18 November 2009

Ulver

The direction Ulver chose to take after their  black metal beginning had caused of course, different reactions. Fuck, even said black metal beginning was not a concrete basis, as the difference between Bergtatt and Nattens Madrigal is huge. Personally I kept having an eye on their work (although not a close one) as I always respected their artistic view and integrity. I also had a positive view about their stance on live performances as it happened to be close to my own views. Lately this particular position of theirs had changed and they have started performing live.
Four days ago they played in Athens. I don't know shit about how Ulver performed and to be honest I don't really care. I hate gigs as music is a very personal matter for me and I don't like sharing it with others, especially with the retarded chimps that usually is most of the crowd. Nevertheless this little hapening that took place after Ulver's "normal" set, with Garm performing Capitel I : I Troldskog Faren Vild from their debut with the help of Order of the Ebon Hand (if I'm not terribly mistaken) certainly brings nostalgic memories of times I truly cherish.











This one is of better quality but the song is not complete.